If your financial plan was your breakfast, what would be its nutrition score? Is it a balanced meal, packed with nutrients? Or is it too lightweight to hold you until lunch? Are each of these 9 factors true or false?
1. All-Natural: Your plan was created by a human being.
2. Organic: Your own input is a major ingredient of your plan. It was home-grown from live, in-depth conversations with you over a period of time.
3. Aged: Your plan isn’t fresh off the chopping block. It’s been subjected to some life experiences unique to you.
4. No Binding Agents: You aren’t stuck with an inappropriate or outdated plan. It’s flexible.
5. Artificial Sweeteners: Your plan was created by somebody nice, but not so nice they remind you of Eddie Haskell from “Leave It To Beaver.” They aren’t asking about your hobbies because their sales manager told them it would endear them to you.
6. Natural Preservatives: Any ingredients that keep the plan from spoiling are easy to understand, pronounce, and spell.
7. Cruelty-Free: No one was harmed in the making of your financial plan. You were guided through intimate conversations about money decisions with care and respect.
8. Pure: The human helping you with your plan is compensated purely by you and no one else.
9. Low-Fat: Your plan is not bloated with excess expenses, charges, fees, or transactions.
Does your plan need some beefing up? Or some paring down? Is it crafted especially for you, or is it the same recipe given to everyone else?
It might be time for a second opinion. Contact your local Financial Planning Nutrition Center (also known as a fee-only financial planner) for a checkup. Find more info at www.napfa.org, or contact us at http://www.hollypthomas.com.